Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday Run

I cannot believe i am not more tired after running six miles and then helping my sister move all day. Also? Ikea is affordable for a reason: You have to put a LOT of shit together. Like, seriously, hundreds of small pieces.

I usually run outside on weekends, but today was a definite no-go. There was smoke everywhere, so I headed to the gym. Running on the treadmill for six miles is just plain boring, but I knocked it out.

Saturday run: 6 miles - 70 minutes, 20 seconds. (11:43 pace, which is pretty fast for me at this distance.) Um, also, I have never run that far before.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, I could never go to the gym and run any farther than I do outside. As for IKEA, there might be alot of little pieces, but we bought our bedroom furniture from there, and it is quite solid. Dont have any annoying creaking noises from the bed or anything. (yet)

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Kristin Kong said...

Awesome Anne! I attempted an outdoor run, dumbass. I went 6 miles but mainly walked. Thought I was going to die with the smog, my Claritin head, and runny rose, plus the heat. Definite indoor day.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger StephB said...

Whoo Hoo! Kick ass run, Anne

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

The bedroom furniture is what I put together for my sister. It IS very solid, to be fair to IKEA.

Tara - Good job!

Steph - Thanks. Sometimes I feel like you say that no matter how fast or far I run. Which actually, is nice, because getting my ass out of the couch is the biggest hurdle. Maybe you should start saying, "Kick ass motivation on getting off the couch, Anne." :-)

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gratz on the run. are you hooked yet?

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Um, I'm definitely hooked on the endorphins. I just don't think i will ever be a great runner. I have a tendency to psych myself out of things if given the time to reflect on them. I definitely prefer competitive team sports, but those are hard to come by in your 30s.

It is a new experience, and very rewarding, though. I think i will stick with it, and i am now considering a tri in August with Nat and Steph. We'll see.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter