Monday, September 17, 2007

Let's Put This Into Perspective

To think that not that many years ago, women regularly wondered where their next meal would come from, as they waded down towards the river to wash their clothes by hand. They knew that after a long day, they were expected to service their husbands. They were in constant fear that their beloved family members were going to die from some terrible disease for which there was no cure, no antibiotic.

I am sitting around today worrying about my slow internet, the fact that I didn't get a chance to write once last week, and that I couldn't fit my long run in this weekend, so I ended up doing it today. I was kind of disappointed that I only finished 7.5 miles in the time between dropping off and picking up my son from preschool, when I wanted to finish 9.5 miles.

Life is hard. Real hard.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Dorothy Gould said...

Glad you braved your slow connection to give us that post, it does help to have some perspective. I had to take Sophie to the audiologist yesterday for an issue she was having with her hearing aids. Their office is on the campus of Children's Healthcare of Atl. Seeing the kids in wheelchairs, with breathing apparatus and a full time nurse to help out the parents is always a slap in the face. It so reminds me of how blessed I am to have three healthy children.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

So true. Knock on wood I never have to go to Children's ever again.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter