Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Disaster

Kind of. . .

My IBook just doesn't seem to want to turn on. I am posting from Todd's today. Not sure when I will be back online, but I have an appointment at the Apple store later to check out the problem.

Me: "Can we afford that?"
Todd: "It's cheaper than therapy for you."

Good point.

In case you're wondering, I'd rather chop off my own hand that spend an hour with MacGeeks who call themselves "Genius." The whole Mac persona really annoys me. So hoity toity.

I am sure this is bad karma and my laptop will never be fixed now, but i am really not in a good mood. On the positive side, while I am there, i am finally going to pick up Breaking Dawn, and i will have plenty of reading time, with no pesky internets to divert me. Oh, yeah, i never went to get the book Friday night.

I wanted to finish the other one I was reading, On Agate Hill. I loved it, and would highly recommend it to others. A great story that reminded me a little bit of Toni Morrison's Beloved or Alice Walker's The Color Purple in style, with an imperfect heroine, a bittersweet love story, a smidge of magical realism, a cast of memorable characters, a great display of late 19th century southern culture, and a soaring ending, the kind that makes you feel kind of high as you are reading it.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Nat said...

THAT is a HUGE diaster! And agreed on the "genius" bar at the Apple star. Nerds! I took my ipod in once and said "It is acting all wonky." And the Genius at the "bar" said in his sniffling crinkled up voice, "Is wonky a techinical term?" Hahahah.
Smart ass.
But then as he looked it he admitted that it was "wonky acting."

I just stood there and rolled my eyes at him and let Beau run willy nilly all over the store. But they did fix my ipod, so that was good.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I am seriously bummed. By the way, that profile pic still always makes me laugh, like, every time i see it.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter