Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Can't Believe . . .

That the little man starts real school tomorrow. He will be with his teacher and schoolmates just as long every day as the time he spends with me. I know that this is the moment where it all starts pulling apart at the seams, where his peers start to influence him, where he starts to come home learning new words and asking for a Wii, and dismissing Todd and me more and more. I'm so proud of him, and I know we are a positive influence on him, and he is more prepared than 90% of the other kids starting school tomorrow, but he isn't a number or a statistic; he is my baby.

A photo retrospective of the boy here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Omg, you're going to make me cry! Where's the heart wrenching music?!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I cried. Will have to post about it later today. He was SO excited, though!

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter