Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Dogwood Shuffle

I've seen this around the web a few times before. You open ITunes, put every bit of music you own on Shuffle, and then you have to post the first five songs that play for everyone to see. No matter how embarrassing. Here goes:

  1. The Smiths - This Charming Man. So far, so good.
  2. Aimee Mann - Invisible Ink. Another good one. Great song, actually.
  3. Depeche Mode - Somebody. Okay, still retaining credibility here as a music lover. The embarrassing part about this song is the number of times that I sat in my room and played it on my cassette player, then rewound it again and again, all the while bawling my eyes out over some stupid boy. Ah, to be a middle-school-aged, angst-ridden Depeche Mode fan.
  4. Moby - Porcelain. Makes me want to buy diamonds. The first four here have pretty much set up a nice slit-your-wrists soundtrack.
  5. OutKast - Interlude. Okay, that ruined the mood, but i still got my rep protected.
The true test, folks, is to see what shows up if I do the same with my IPod:
  1. Archers of Loaf - Web in Front. One of my running songs.
  2. Sufjan Stevens - Chicago. One of Rollie's all-time faves.
  3. Reindeer Section - You are My Joy.
  4. Don Henley - Boys of Summer. Shit. Not so cool, but I can't help it. I have always loved the moody sound of this one. And I loved the black and white video.
  5. The World Has Turned and Left me Here - Weezer.
Phew! This could have been way worse. WAY worse. Thank God. Spank Rock's "Bump" didn't show up. Oops.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter