Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Insidious Infiltration

So, I have been listening to the Girl Talk album, Night Ripper. Total and complete fun, in a Paul's Boutique kind of way. Lots of recognizable samples, but used in a really creative way. The song, "Hold Up" is probably my favorite running mix song of the year - How can you go wrong with a song that samples James Taylor and The Pixies? "You still want to hate? Be my guest." Totally fun album.

Anyway, I am listening to it, and the kids are playing, and I hear a sample I hadn't heard before. It was familiar to me. "I'm on it," the voice said. Where had I heard that voice before? Why could I not place it?

Shrek. It was fucking Shrek. The damn Shrek figure from McDonald's.

The insidious ways that the children infiltrate every corner of my life. . . .

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger StephB said...

HA! I knew that one! I'm ON IT.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Dorothy Gould said...

I always wondered what the heck he was saying.....it sounds more like "hmmmnonin" to me. Thanks for clearing up that mystery. Those toys are the price we pay for taking our kids to Old Mc Donald's, i guess!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

yeah, you gotta love a child's toy that teaches them to make burping noises, too. As if their daddys don't do enough of that already. . .

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Nat said...

Yes, infiltration . . . Just the other day I was driving in the car with the kids and Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" was on. I commented to the kids that "Daddy and I had the first dance at our wedding to that song." And Carmella asked, incredulously and puzzled, "You danced to a Shrek song at your wedding? Why would you dance to a kid's song?"

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Yep, every time Rollie hears that All-Star song, he says, "Shrek!"

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter